F* PoP Up Seminar (2022 - 2023)Time: Next event on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 (830am PDT)
Youtube channel: YouTube
Join firstname.lastname@example.org for future announcements.
F* is a Proof-oriented Programming Language that allows writing programs and proofs about them within a single framework. Software components developed and proven correct and secure in F* have been deployed in various production systems, including Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure, the Linux kernel, and Firefox.
The F* PoP Up Seminar is a monthly event aimed at bringing together the F* community. It is a discussions-oriented, informal seminar where the attendees may:
- Learn about each other’s F* libraries and tools
- Share their experiences on common F* proof patterns and styles that work well and, equally importantly, that may not
- Present their F* development and get feedback from the community
- Discuss F* future directions, and upcoming features and libraries
Each event in the seminar will be at most one-hour long, featuring one or more presenters who will lead the discussion. The sessions will be interactive, may involve code walkthroughs, deep-dive discussions, live coding, detailed proof debugging, and maybe even some slides!
To propose a talk, send an email to the Google group with the following details:
- A small abstract: what is the talk about and what would you like to get out of it (e.g. get feedback on a library I am developing, get feedback on a proof-style that I found cumbersome, tell the community about my experience with what worked and what didn’t)
- How much time you think you’ll need
- Your availability
We look forward to your proposals!